Saturday, May 10, 2008

Our Missionary

Our son James (Elder Meiners) is really enjoying the experiences he is having in Riverside, California on his Spanish-speaking mission. He has been in California about two months now. He and his companion, Elder Harding, have been teaching many people. Last Sunday James had his first opportunity to baptize, and baptized children of a family. Their grandma was also baptized. I am proud of his enthusiasm, humility and hard work.



Elder Harding (left) and Elder Meiners

Elder Harding and Meiners with Grandma Julia, Kimberly, Wilson and Angel who were baptised last Sunday

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh, he looks like a man! What a great experience he is having. You should be so proud of him.

Jann said...

This is so exciting. I hope you really enjoyed your Mother's Day call from your missionary.

Jenni said...

Wow how wonderful!! I was just thinking about you and how you were going to get a call from your son today! Happy mothers day Cheri!

Scarlett said...

oh Cheri, I can't believe how much he's changed in such a little time. I was thinking as I saw his pictures he's turned in to a man and Tracy took the words right out of my mouth. I am so excited he's service a Spanish speaking mission, the families he comes in contact with will have him forever in their minds. That's a wonderful Mother's Day present!