Wednesday, May 2, 2007

The Mosaic Maker


Today is my brother Vic's birthday. He is a talented mosaic artist. I want to wish him well today and share a little of his work with you. This is from his website:

My artistic background for the past twelve years has involved computer graphic design. During the mid 1990's, I taught computer graphic animation to artists in dozens of television stations across the country and internationally, including CNN, and many major network affiliates.

Involvement with mosaics evolved from being an early interest into a major direction in my life. As a mosaicist, I work at achieving figurative works with glass. Using curved and geometric shapes of various kinds of stained glass to make up my palette, I cut and nip each shard of glass to fit. Each piece that is incorporated in to the design reveals a fraction more of the image. Creating figures with naturalness and flow, within the patient process of mosaics has become my artistic challenge.


Some of my favorite pieces:
The Swing

Tara

Benji

Gem

Europa

Friends



Vic presented last year at the national convention of The Society of American Mosaic Artists and was Artist of the Month in Rancho Magazine in December 2005.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, VIC!

5 comments:

Jann said...

What a talented family you all are. I am so impressed. Happy birthday to your brother.

Cami said...

Beautiful! I really love The Swing. Thanks for posting!

Jenni said...

Beautiful stuff - how neat!! :)

Mendy said...

Cheri, why am I not surprised to find out you have an amazingly talented brother? Your parents must be so prooud of you both for all your artistic accomplishments.

Corinne said...

the swing is my favorite too