Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Quilts

When Kara graduated from high school in 2003, I started the tradition of making a lap quilt for college. Kara's was the first quilt I made. I bought a book of patterns and created my own variation.



Erika graduated in 2004. She wanted happy, springtime fabrics in a simple pattern. Small buttons are sewed in all the corners.



For James, the chess enthusiast, who graduated in 2006 I made a chessboard. I also made foam chess pieces so he could actually play.



Then I joined a quilting group that meets twice a month. I learned a little more and did a log cabin pattern for Daniel who just graduated in 2009. I call it a jazz quilt. He requested bright colors, and the fabric with music notation reminded me of Daniel's love for music.




Two more high school quilts to go. Now I need to start on Julia's for next year.

1 comment:

G. Willow said...

Fabulous quilt maker you are. How about posting the first quilt you ever designed?