Thursday, June 18, 2009

2009 Cougar Marching Band



We found out rather late about applying for bands at BYU. When Daniel and I looked into it in May, they had already been accepting applications for a couple weeks. Daniel requested the Marching Band music by email and I think he only had a day to rehearse the music. His last week of school, amidst finals, his band director kindly helped him tape a DVD audition to send.

After waiting several weeks to hear back, Daniel got the great news that he has been accepted into the Trombone Section of the 2009 Cougar Marching Band which plays for all of BYU's football games--some of which are televised. Daniel will also receive a small Talent Award for his services. I'm very excited for Daniel. He'll do great. And he'll keep the Cougar spirit alive--as his parents and grandpa are also BYU alumni.

4 comments:

Kara said...

Wow I didn't realize he got accepted into marching band! good for him!

Jann said...

Way to go Daniel. That is very exciting.

Jenni said...

Congrats to Daniel on being accepted to BYU and the marching band! How very cool!!

Danielle Walker said...

I can't believe he's the same little Daniel that I used to babysit!? So much has changed, I have to catch up on so much.