Monday, June 18, 2007

Happy Father's Day


I hope David had an enjoyable Father's Day yesterday. It started with breakfast in bed from Andrea and I. It was a low-key and relaxing day. We saw Kara and Luke on Saturday and Sunday we talked to James in Idaho. The rest of us were home. After church we had dinner (a new recipe of beef and couscous) and then David opened cards and a couple presents. The kids all did something nice for him. I think he got a laugh at the mini frig. I--(I mean he) has been wanting one for awhile for his (well, our) bedroom.

I also talked to my father yesterday, and am happy to hear that he is doing well. I've been blessed with a great Dad, as well as Father-in-law, Stepdad and super-duper Husband/Father of our children. I'm not sure men have the same angst with Father's Day that women do with Mother's Day, but I hope you all feel appreciated!

5 comments:

Cami said...

I love the mini fridge! Awesome.

Jann said...

What a fun Father's day at your house. I love the picture. How great to have a mini fridge.

Jenni said...

Like the mini fridge! Happy Father's Day to your hubby!

Mendy said...

It cracks me up that you got him something that you really wanted; that's something that happens the other way around in my house!

Corinne said...

Sounds like a reall nice day!