Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Kara and Luke Graduate


On December 14, 2007 Kara and Luke Decker graduated together from BYU-Idaho. This was the largest December graduation at the school with about 1114 graduates--including 54 couples like Kara and Luke who graduated together.



We had a luncheon first. Susan Tanner spoke (and was the keynote speaker later.) We were in the same ward as youth. She's a year older and is someone I admire. She is the General Young Women's President for the church.

She shared this anecdote. Once at a meeting with our prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley, she was happy to see all the leaders together and remarked to him, "I'm so glad that you're all here." To which President Hinckley quipped, "I'm glad that I'm all here, too!"



After the general commencement where all the graduates walked in, we went to the various colleges where they each received their diplomas. Kara walked with Luke at the Business college.


Kara with Grandpa Craig and Grandma Varna



Kara with Erika and James who have also been attending BYUI, and Andrea.


Kara and Luke with Dave and I

1 comment:

Jann said...

I bet you are so proud of them. I am sure they loved having you there to celebrate this great accomplishment.