Thursday, August 23, 2007

A Day at the Art Gallery


Erika and I took the Metro down to DC last Saturday.

Our first stop was the National Archives where we looked at the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the beautiful domed building that houses them.

Then we went to the National Art Gallery. We both like the Impressionists the most. Here we are with Degas' ballerinas and Mary Cassatt (American).




This Monet is hanging in my sewing room. I was surprised to remember how many of these paintings I have prints of, and have hung in various rooms at different times. It's a familiar feeling coming back to see the originals.


My long time favorite, Vince Van Gogh (Pronounced Van Goff in England)

3 comments:

Tracy said...

What a fun day for you. When my kids are older I'll have to take them to see those great paintings too.

Jann said...

What a fun thing to do with your daughter. I love days like this.

Corinne said...

That Cassatt picture is one of my VERY favorites!!