Monday, July 23, 2007

Pippi Longstocking


I'm a month or two late in posting this, but here is a picture of Andrea with her cute Pippi Longstocking project. The fourth graders were assigned to advertise their book as if it were a box of cereal. I like the idea of taking a picture of bulky projects, because then--if the child isn't too attached, we can throw the project out and still have the memories.


The way Andrea had her hair up that day she looks just like Pippi- who is also 9. Pippi was one of my favorite books and characters when I was young, and I dressed as Pippi for two Halloweens, so I was happy to have Andrea read and enjoy it. I also have the Pippi books in Swedish-- which I can read almost nothing of--from the time my family lived in Sweden and I studied at Stockholm University. Serendipity that the blanket behind her is one I made from Swedish IKEA fabric.

7 comments:

Corinne said...

I've never read Pippi, but I loved the movie as a kid.

Cami said...

Oh, I loved Pippi too. Those creative book reports can be really fun. I still remember some of mine.

Julia said...

Pippi was one of my favorites, too. Did you ever watch the old movies? The title song is now running through my head... :D

Jenni said...

I was Pipi for Halloween one year!! I loved the movie as a kid! Fun book report! :)

Dawn said...

Andrea has grown up a ton since we left, she is soooo cute

Jeri said...

I love your idea of photographing large school projects!

I have the same song Julia is thinking of, stuck in my head now. =)

Mendy said...

I loved to have my mom do my hair in Pippi braids! We watched a Pippi movie in the car on our trip and my kids loved it (they hadn't seen it before). Go, Andrea!