Monday, March 12, 2018

Zions National Park


My brother Vic met me on my trip to St. George, Utah, where my Mom and Craig live. Vic does a lot of hiking.  He helped us select the most appropriate hikes in Zions.  You park at the entrance and then shuttle to different stops where trails begin.

 Here people were enjoying the "beach"--a sandy area near the stream.  This is where we ended, and serious hikers begin--walking in the stream as the canyon walls become narrow.



    Water was coming from the rocks all over!

Spectacular views everywhere!

 Due to rain the day before, there were some amazing waterfalls that are not usually there! The rainwater seeps into the porous sandstone.  Then when it reaches a layer of denser rock, the water is forced out.



 We were able to walk under this waterfall, and catch it from several sides.

These canyon walls are huge.  It's difficult to capture their true size, but you can see a person on a trail on the left of the water to provide size reference.

 We hiked about 5 miles of trails.  I was proud of us!

                                             I'm in at least one picture to prove I was there!  (I was enjoying my handmade Ute earrings that day.)  It was a gorgeous day to enjoy the beautiful red rock country with family.

No comments: