Tuesday, September 8, 2015

A Visit to St. George, Utah

Andrea started school at BYU in Idaho in September.  Since we were flying into Salt Lake City, I decided to first go to St. George in Southern Utah to see my Mom, while Andrea visited Julia and Daniel in Provo.

 My mom got tickets to see Sister Act at the unique outdoor theater called Tuacahn, which is set in the red rock and had amazing views and acoustics.
                                                         me with my Mom and Craig


                                           We checked out a model home.  The whole community has a very low profile and cars are all in garages, so you don't really see anything bu the landscape.

                                       We had lunch at a shopping center north of town.
                                         We walked the labyrinth, but the sun was pretty hot.
 I love this intersection.  Red rock and statues of horses and Native American riders make a beautiful scenic monument.

 This was a stop of the Wells Fargo, and old bank vault is inside.

                    We ate at this park.  Beautiful, cooling water seems even more blue and fresh against the red rock background.

The beautiful St. George 'Mormon' temple was built by early pioneers though a lot of sacrifice, since there was nothing here when they came. It was complete in 1877.  Made of native red sandstone, it was then plastered white.

I also got to see my cousin Will, my Uncle Wes and Aunt Mary Jo. 

One evening I thought I saw lightning, and then realized I was seeing flashes in my eyes, as well as dark spots.  Since the next day was Sunday and all ophthalmologists offices were closed I had to go to ER, and then was referred to an ophthalmologist, who opened his office for me.  The problem was thankfully not dangerous to my vision. 
 As a precaution, though, the next day my Mom drove my rental car up with me the 4 hour drive to Provo, while Craig drove their car.  They stayed a night with us in Provo as we saw our children--
Andrea, Julia and Matt, and Daniel and Meg.

No comments: