Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Julia goes to College to get more Knowledge

After Julia and I flew into Salt Lake, we took our side trip to the Rockin R Ranch in Southern Utah.  There my mom joined Julia and I and after our weeked there, we drove  our rental car to Rexburg, Idaho to take Julia to BYU-Idaho as a Freshman. We helped her settle into her apartment, bought food and school supplies, bought Interior Design materials on campus and picked up the textbooks we had preordered online.

That night we all went to dinner--including James and his girlfirend Tammy, who I met for the first time. 

I should explain here that when Julia and I flew to Salt Lake the Friday of Labor Day week, Dave dropped us off at the airport in Baltimore.  Then he, James and Andrea started their own trek west--by car.  Our intention was to leave that car with James and Julia so they could get around in Idaho.  They made a stop in St. Louis at Dave's sister Patty's, and then they stopped in Denver with Kara.  When they arrived in Salt Lake, Dave and Andrea got right on a plane--and then traveled in 4 hours they distance they had just traveled in three days.  James then drove the car from there up to Rexburg.


My mom and I spent one night at a motel in town, and one night at her brother Monte's.  He lives nearby with his wife, Violet. She made us a raspberry dessert when she found out we were coming!

My mom and I also visited the new Rexburg temple.

Then we were on to the next leg of the trip--visiting newlyweds Erika and Tyler in Pocatello-about 1 1/2 hours from Rexburg --normally.  This time however, I forgot about getting gas, and the rental car warned me just as our car sucked the last drop of gas and started losing power.  I pulled to the side of the road on a lonely strip--miles from anything in both directions.  Fortunately, I was able to call my insurance company who sent someone with a tank of gas--2 hours later.  Just a little glitch and we were on our way again.

No comments: