Friday, February 22, 2008

Andrea and Barbie

Schools had the day off due to icy conditions today, so Andrea set up her Barbie's--something she rarely has time for, and she invited me to play.

Though I've helped her assemble or organize her Barbies for her before, this was my first time to actually play with her. She's better at it than I am. :)

It's a lot of work to get Barbie comfortable, so we thought we would capture it while it is still standing.

Barbie's apartment is complete with bedroom, office, kitchen, and media room.


Barbie and Kelly stopped here to get snacks.

Here's the school where Barbie teaches. Music and gymnastics were taught. It reminded me of Erika teaching songs to her 4-year olds in China, and Kara
teaching a combination of pre-school and kindergarten in Colorado.



Then Barbie stopped to get ice cream for Kelly at the ice cream parlor. In real life, though, the daughter gets most of the treats from her dad . :)

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Wow, you have some fun Barbie stuff. I'm not showing my girls your post or I'll have to go shopping. What a fun mom you are!

Christie said...

Cute, it is fun when they get it all out and make up a story.... it brings back memories for me.

Cami said...

Wow! I was always really bad at dolls of any kind. I put them to sleep and then went outside to play. I feel somehow cheated out of girlhood.